Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mission Accomplished!

The trip to Yakima was a success! My new buddies, adopting from Vietnam, picked me up at 5:00a.m. sharp and off we went. 3 1/2 hour later we arrived at the Department of Immigration where it took all of 20 minutes to submit my paperwork and be fingerprinted. Then, we headed home. Very uneventful, yet we felt so relieved and happy...just one more step outta the way!


What next? Well, I wait for my approval to arrive (I-171H) via USPS. The I-171H is the U.S. government approval letter which authorizes me to bring an orphan into the country...it is the result of my trek to Yakima.

Guess what else...I don't have anymore paperwork to do!! Everything is ready and waiting on this last document. Once it arrives, I ship it off to my agency for certification, authentication, translation, and then off to China it goes!! Very exciting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Special K said...

Awesome! Almost there now....

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did it! You kicked butt!
Good job!

9:11 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Hooray! I am still amazed at speed-dossier woman :0)

6:29 AM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

WOW Sara.... so happy for you that the "paperchase" is over. You are the definition of speed demon... will ya come finish mine??? He He, just a short plane ride away!!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now we go shopping!!?

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home