Thursday, August 24, 2006

The fair...


My job requires that I work the fair booth each summer. I can't say I like the fair, in fact, I loath it (except for the corndog I ate yesterday, now that was GOOD!), but it's my job and therefore required.

Anyway, today a single Mom and her two Chinese daughters stopped by my tent to visit and find info about the college. It took all of my power not to start rambling on and on about my adoption. I read so many stories of adoptive parents who are sick to death of people asking questions, people staring, people butting into their lives, asking stupid questions, asking about their adoption, etc. etc.

So off they went to do their thing....

I had to smile, because seeing this family gave me HOPE and dang those girls were CUTE with a capital C!

2 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

and, I bet, a capital U-T-E too. Don't you love the charge you can get unexpectedly when you so need it? :0)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

After a couple months of China girl sightings, I finally worked up my nerve. I started with "Your daughter is beautiful. Do you mind if I ask where she's from?" Of course, this was only after I had stalked them enough to be reasonably sure they were actually adopted. It's worked like a charm, opening the door to a couple of really good conversations. Of course, there may come a day when a smart ass responds with "She's from (insert my hometown name here)." LOL!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home