Monday, August 21, 2006

Kickin' it into high gear

I called my agency this morning and they confirmed that they are aware of the rumors, but have yet to receive an official announcement from the Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) regarding changing the single adoption program. Their best advice was to kick it into high gear and get a Dossier-To-China (DTC) date ASAP. They have no idea what the new rules will be nor when they might go into effect...(nothing new there). The rumors flying around the yahoo boards seem to be that whatever the new rules are, they will take effect December 1st and if you have a DTC date before then you will be grandfathered in (totally not confirmed).

So, after discussing the next steps with my agency rep we plotted out my estimated DTC date…good news as it looks like I should be DTC by mid-Oct. at the latest. My paperchase timeline moving forward is as follows:

  • Draft home study report sent out for review by the end of this week.
  • Final home study report complete and notarized by the end of next week.
  • First week in September travel to Yakima, WA (3 ½ hours away) and hand deliver my I600A application (apparently this saves three weeks of processing time).
  • Receive I-171H approximately four weeks later, this document is needed for dossier (September 30ish?).
  • Overnight dossier documents to agency for certification and authentication as soon as I receive I-171H.
  • DTC mid-October or before!

We’ll see….I am choosing to remain optimistic and will try my best to make it all happen!

3 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

You can do it! Put your skates on and get rolling, woman :0)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Joannah said...

Good luck! I think that's a realistic plan. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

5:51 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Run Run Run, DTC in mid October would be ideal. Good Luck :))

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home