Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I broke down...

and ordered munchkin's crib bedding!

I know, I know, I keep telling myself that I shouldn't be buying anything until my dossier has been sent to China. So far, I haven't bought too much, just a few books, baby Chucks, a little onesie, a bath towel (hey! it was on clearance), and a baby doll. However, I love love love this and I didn't want to chance waiting too long only to find that it was sold out when I actually got around to it!

Plus, my Dad is coming into town for a visit in the next couple of months and it might be the last time he is here before she comes home....so Dad has been tasked with helping me paint, install a new closet door, shelves, and new trim (and you said you needed a vacation Dad!). Of course I just have to know what the crib bedding looks like so that I can select a wonderful Martha Stewart paint color to match.

How's that for justification?

I wonder why I'm so hesitant to buy stuff for the baby? Well, for one, who has the time when I've got mounds of paperwork to keep track of...but also, I kinda feel like if I buy things I might jinx myself and this whole thing won't happen. Is that weird? Oh and HELLOOOO, I better save something for when I have nothing to do except wait and wait and wait for a referral after my documents are sent to China.

Anyhoo, here it is in ALL IT'S GLORY!!!!!!!!!


And yeah! I ordered the bumper, the crib sheet, the quilt, AND the bed skirt! How CUTE! I'm also watching the valance curtain on eBay and waiting to slide in with a bid at the very last moment.

Ummmm, I also ordered these very cute changing table storage boxes...


Ok, I'm done for real now. I'm not EVEN going to take them out of the packages for fear of what I mentioned above. I just needed the colors to match paint with. Really! :-)

Now, back to my paperwork...

4 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Hah! I know an expert rationalizer when I see one ;0) Sounds just like me!

The bedding IS beautiful and now all is right with the world because you can match up your paint ;0)

Love the way you think.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stuff is so cute, makes me want to redo my bedroom :-)

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha would love you!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say you have nothing better to do than to spend your money on things you love! Go for it honey.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home