Friday, August 18, 2006

What to do when you are getting a little nervous....

You read something fun!



Everything I have been reading lately is about adoption and attachment worst case scenarios. I think my dear social worker was noticing that I was starting to display a serious deer in the headlight look by the end of our meetings...so we were joking around (yep, she's pretty cool and down to earth) at the last meeting and she suggested I read this book (remember we were kidding around, don't think my sw is seriously requiring me to read a book with parenting and martini in the same title!).

Being the good student that I am, I rushed over to the bookstore yesterday to pick up a copy. Not only did I find it used, it was half price...so as an added bonus I paid only $3.50 for it.

Ahhhh, much needed light fun reading about parenting. I think I'll be drinking a martini while reading it tonight. ;-)


2 Comments:

Blogger Joannah said...

I've heard good things about that book. Of course, everything is better when you're sipping a martini! I had a white chocolate martini the other night - it was amazing!

2:50 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

That book was a hoot. It's on my coffee table. I got it a while back (eBay) and it was a fun, quick read that makes you smile on a poopy day :0)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home