Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tis' the season...

I can hardly contain myself…the first camping trip of the season is scheduled for this weekend. I’ve been busy planning, organizing, and gearing up for season 2 of Dutch oven cooking!

In addition to my beginner recipes, I am planning to step it up a notch and attempt an intermediate recipes as well.…oooooh! watch out, she’s busting out the intermediate recipes! I also splurged and bought some new accessories, I can’t wait to try them out!

Recipes I am going to attempt (keyword attempt…you never know what might happen, there seems to be quite a bit of adult beverages in the cooler):

Enchiladas – beginner
Pineapple Upside Down cake – beginner
Coffee Cake – intermediate
Pillsbury Biscuits – no recipe, I’m going to try and regulate an oven temp of 375 for 30 min.

Not the most figure friendly I know, but whatever…we’ll be camping! Plus, I'm planning on hiking up to some falls nearby, that'll burn some serious calories.

Oh, and someone special and I will be the ONLY ones in our group childless and by golly gee, I’m planning to whoop it up because I know it won’t be that way forever. :-)

Wish me luck! I’ll let you know how it all turns out. Happy Memorial Day!

3 Comments:

Blogger cougchick said...

Don't fall in the campfire after too many adult beverages!!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

I hope you take lots of pictures! I can't wait to hear how all of the food turns out! It sounds GREAT!!!

Have a great time!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Cool beans!!! I am SOOOO jealous! I used to go camping all the time with my dad when I was little, but now that I'm and adult, I fear I'll never go again because hubby thinks camping should include heat/air conditioning, running water/shower, electricity. I told him "that's not camping, that's a weekend at a hotel!" He said "exactly!" Can't wait to hear all about how your recipies turned out too!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home