Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Did you know...

Did you know it's rude to show the bottoms of your feet in China? Which means, one shouldn't sit with their leg crossed over the other like this:














On the other hand, it's perfectly acceptable to stare in China...and we all know it happens. From what I understand (mostly from following other adoptive parents blogs while they are in China) Americans + Chinese babies in front pack baby carriers = curiosity, crowds, and stares.

It's all good, and now I know that it's perfectly fine to stare back ;-)
I learned this little bit of information today while reading one of my new fav blogs Xiaman Adventure. You should check it out, a single mother and her two daughters are currently living in China. Malinda is teaching law classes at a University and her two daughters are attending school. So informative and really interesting!! Her experience is planting a little seed in my head....


8 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

I agree on the feet bottom one...ick ;0) (Unless they are kiddo feet of course).

2:33 PM  
Blogger M and M said...

Thanks for the info and I will check out the blog.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Are you thinking of moving to China? That would be interesting.

I'll have to remember that tidbit about the bottoms of feet. Thanks.

2:49 AM  
Blogger C said...

Fascinating!!

Do you also know about Jane Liedtke? She has a "Ask Jane" yahoo group that's really helpful too. She is with Our Chinese Daughters Foundation.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is interesting info. I don't know if it's true but I've heard that burping in public is considered normal too. I will have to check out the blog, sounds like a good read.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO CHINA!!!????!!!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Thanks for sharing that info!

Keep smilin!

7:57 AM  
Blogger cougchick said...

good info.

Speaking of bottoms of feet, I
suspect I have a plantar's wort. OUCH!!!! It feels like stepping on glass when I put weight on it. Yowza...

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home