Thursday, May 03, 2007

Those around me near and far....

I love that my brother emailed me today asking where's the website that tells you the referral numbers?. The fact that he remembers/knows what a referral is - - is enough to make me want to cry or maybe it's my pms, but more importantly I know he cares and is trying to follow along and understand this process as best he can to support me. :-)

I also ran into the ladies from admissions today at our yearly benefits fair...I was asked the usual "When are you getting your baby Sara?" "What's going on with the adoption?" questions. I explained, they all nodded and agreed that it is a long process and then they all said, "you're going to tell us when you find out who she is right?" Damn straight I am! I've already started the email blast list....my thinking is that I better start it now because I'm sure things are going to get pretty nutty later. Which got me to thinking, what else can I do now to help prepare for baby besides buying things? Hmmmm, maybe I'll start working on her lifebook over the summer.

And.....while cruising the Single Adopt China yahoo board, I came across a posting mentioning an article in Working Mother magazine. Wait. What? A working mother magazine.? I will be a working mother. I want the working mother magazine subscription n.o.w.

So, I ordered it. :-)

Have a good night all. I'll be watching the Grey's Anatomy TWO hours special! Man, I love sweeps!

6 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

Yo chica, I got the litle wink about a gift :) I am still waiting on yours (and that is all I have to say about that! lol). Trust me, the rest of the onths will be NOTHING like this, I promise.

I would LOVE to work on life books together at the same time. I actually belong to a lifebook yahoo group. I ahven't been there to read everything yet because it's a little overwhelming, but I'll send you the link and we can plan on when to start. They usually start at the begining of the year, but we can ead along to get ideas for a few months so we can get a better idea of the options out there. That way when it comes time to do the book, it'll be EXACTLY what we want :)

And BTW - give that brother of yours a huge hug for me... reading about his interest made ME feel good to :)

HUGS!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Brothers are sweet... PITA's sometimes but sweet. Mine's been sabotaging my blog but at least he's reading so that made me happy.

Loved loved loved Grey's tonight. I really think I'm going to like the new spin off. And that kiss... Wow!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

A Mail List! What a great idea! I'd never thought of that. Then you can share with all your friends in just a click of a button. Thanks for the tip.

I'm going to have to search for that magazine, too.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

That is so sweet about your brother. One time, as my referral time got closer, my mom wanted to know if she could get the number for the CCAA so she could call and ask what the delay was!

8:21 AM  
Blogger cougchick said...

The Grey's 2 hour special ROCKED! and I love, love, love the new show set in LA. I was so happy to see 2 of my faves from ALIAS on the show.

Glad to hear your brother is tuning in (to your blog, not the show).

Thanks for sharing.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You'll have to post about what the life book is. I've heard of it but unsure it's purpose. Maybe it's something I too should be doing! Have you started the nursery yet? That's a whole lot of fun too!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home