Monday, May 21, 2007

2007 Ladybug Tea

My mom and I, along with my friend Shelby and her daughter Breanna, headed off to Spokane on Saturday to attend the 4th annual Ladybug Tea. The tea is a fundraiser, started by one of my agency’s families, with all proceeds assisting families with their adoption expenses (awarded in the form of Ladybug grants).

This was my first time attending anything China adoption related, that is an organized function for our area families with children from China. I had no idea what to expect and I am thrilled to report that my expectations were greatly exceeded! We had a fantastic time. Of the 250 attendees, 72 were children! Cute cute cute little girls everywhere!

Highlights included…

a professional photo (my mom and I had one done)

silent auction (talk about ladybug madness)

running into my friend Sandy, her daughter Ellen, and her mom Barb (note to self, call them the next time I decide to attend a function…chances are, they are planning on attending too!)

music entertainment

the Dads and sons serving all the moms and daughters

rolling through not one, but two tissue packs while watching the video/slide show (my brother is in for a REAL TREAT dealing with my Mom and I while we are in China…have I mentioned that it takes practically nothing to make me cry? Guess where I get it from? We were in the door a total of 2 minutes and we were both crying…rolling my eyes at myself..but I can’t help it!!)

standing up proudly when asked if there were any “waiting moms” in the crowd

the decorations, the menu, the tea

mostly, it was just fun to be there, soaking it all in, seeing all of the beautiful families and knowing that someday….she’ll be home.

Now, onto the pics…fun stuff I tell ya! Captions are below the photos...


My mom, Shelby, and Breanna



Shelby, Breanna, and I


Our table


Breanna, sporting her ladybug face paint



Breanna munchin' on dessert





Group shot! From left, my mom, Barb, me, little Ellen, Sandy, Breanna, and Shelby


All the little girls were called up on stage and performed I'm a little teapot...



Breanna, pondering on the way home...

5 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

That is such a wonderful tea! What a great idea! I LOVE the pictures!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

That is AWESOME!!! What a GREAT idea to support other families... I wish my agency had something like that!

4:36 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

Looks like fun! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Beckyb said...

What a great idea - it sounds like SO much fun - I wish we had something like that around here!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

Was this just peeps from your agency? or were there others? Super cool, either way...

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home