Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May

Isn't today when the new China adoption "rules" go in to effect? May 2007 right? I wonder if this will have an impact on the wait. Probably not, but to tell you the truth I am having a really hard time wrapping my brain around the possible 3 year wait that seems to be screaming around the adoption internet community. 3 years to have my life in a holding pattern is a really long time. I want a family, I want to get married, I want to have a baby, and I don't want to wait until I'm 36 or 37 to begin. When I started this process 1 year ago, 15 months was doable. 3 years, 3 years! To tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't have pursued adoption from China. Perhaps another country, but jeez...3 years!

And now I feel bad for complaining. I think I'm grumpy today. oh well.

I'm emailing my agency and asking what the wait is now. I wonder if they will have a response? Probably not, we'll see.

6 Comments:

Blogger cougchick said...

Hang in there, Sara! Tomorrow probably won't look so gloomy.
LeeAnne

2:45 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

It is okay to complain. There are good days and bad days. This is the best place to complain because we 'get it'. We understand how it feels. Complain all you need!

May I offer some words ~ Don't go into a holding pattern. LIVE your life. It makes the time go by a little faster! It took me a while to get to that point, but now I am and it is so much nicer.

Hope you don't mind some advice from a long time 'waiter'. :)

3:03 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Just think of all the shopping you can do between now and then!!!

Ha.. I'm just as gloomy most days about the unknown amount of time we could be waiting... sigh.

But as Stacy said.. LIVE it up! Thats what I'm doing... BTW Bought the house... it's in attorney review right now.. whoo hoo! That will eat up ALOT of the time for me!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm grumpy today too.
Sometimes when I'm grumpy I call my agency too to see what's up. Even if I'm not grumpy about the adoption.
I'm hoping tomorrow is WAY better, for us both.
PS I agree with the don;t wait thery that stacy mentioned. Make plans. Happy plans. Go to Vegas or something.
I always like having something to look forward to, makes everyday grumpy days better.

5:15 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

This wait stinks...

I just can't begin to imagine that the wait could go to 3 years, that just sounds ridiculous.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

its okay to vent. I dont think its going to be 3 years and I totally forgot it was the deadline. I am so thankful we made it.

keep smiling..what a beautiful blog

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home