Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Good times...

Friday, after a bear of a day, I came home to find major surprises in my mailbox. First, I pulled out a Mother’s Day card from Heather. It was so thoughtful of her to send a card on my first Mother’s Day as a mom-to-be. Thank you Heather!! How very very sweet of you!


Then, I grabbed the rest of the mail…only to see a BIG BROWN ENVELOPE! Sure enough, it’s from the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China and contains important visa paperwork for the baby. I’ve been waiting for it, knowing that it would eventually come…so yay! it’s here and now I continue to wait.




Saturday, I worked at our college info booth at the Spokane Shock arena football game. I didn’t want to go alone and my volunteer had canceled on me, so I brought along my sister and my nephew Jackson. Thank god I did, watching Jackson experience his first large sporting event was a kick. He was totally in awe of everything, the people, the music, the players, the cotton candy, and of course, the mascot, Shock the Fox. My sister had done up his hair Mohawk style, so he fit in quite well with all the crazy football fans. It was a hoot and I’m glad I brought them along because I absolutely loathe watching football.

Jackson w/ Shock the Fox

I can't take my eyes off all the action!
Crashed on the way home...


Sunday, after church, my family came over to my house for Mother’s Day brunch. It was nice…

A present from my nephews...at 4 months and 3, they really do have wonderful painting skills..wink..

My mom, Jackson, and Thomas


My mom and her girls...and Jackson "helping" hold the hat cake I made for brunch :-)

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

I LOVE your garden stone. That is so cool!!!

Yeah!! You got the brown envelope!! That is so exciting!!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Good stuff...love the pics and gla dyou had a good day!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was VERY special! Thank you so much!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOunds like you have quite the family!
Congrats on the brown envelope and of course hitting the 5 month mark!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

You are very welcome, chica! And congrats on the BIG BROWN ENVELOPE!!!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home