Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10

I can't believe I missed it. This past Saturday marked 10 months waiting. Hello double digits.

Today I sent off another check to the US Department of Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration services requesting a re-fingerprinting appointment. I also called my agency to make sure I was sending the right form letter and while visiting with them I did some probing. I didn't expect to learn anything new, but I asked anyway. In summary, the CCAA is still telling them to prepare their families for a 3 year wait. They don't think the non-special needs program will close. Personal opinion is that the immense slow down/back log has something to do with China and the 2008 Olympics.
I flat out asked her, "do you think I will get a referral?" She said "yes, eventually".

One thing I didn't know was the fact that I am 1 of only 5 families they processed as non-special needs adoptions in 2006. Only 5!! They submitted paperwork for over 70 special needs adoptions. No wonder I feel so lost and lonesome on my agency's yahoo board. The special needs adoption lingo is different from non-special needs, so I never know what anyone is talking about and I certainly don't feel connected in anyway. Anyhoo....

10 down ~ 26 more to go.









5 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen said...

Wow... 1 of 5. Thats a really small number. Could be a really good thing, maybe 2006 is really much smaller than anticipated!

HAPPY DOUBLE DIGITS SARA!!!!!!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Happy 10 girlie... I'm thinking 3 years is right on the mark. And, it's killing me already...

Happy 10 - may there be not so many more to go!!!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I noticed the special date! We have the same lid so I often check your blog. When life calms down a bit I think I may start one.
I am planning on at least another 24 months. I am stil praying that things will start to move a bit faster in 2008! I can't wait to hit the 1 year mark and to see that we are out of the review
room.

Hang in there!

Kristen

5:38 PM  
Blogger A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Congratulations! Double digits WOW!!

I love it when you post your monthly LIDaversary because then I know mine is getting close. ;o)

I can't wait to post DOUBLE DIGITS!!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

5:34 AM  
Blogger M and M said...

Congrats on 10 months down...I REALLY hope there are LESS then 26 more to go!!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home