Monday, September 24, 2007

This and that

In bullets…cause that seems to be the trend and I like them!

  • First up, the house. It is coming along rather nicely. The move in was a success! I’ve spent all my saved for the new house money and the “need to get list” is still crazy long. I have a feeling it will always be something or another…that’s the beauty of being a homeowner right? I know I still need to post pics. My brother has been giving me the what for over and over and have I posted any? Nope not yet, soon though. I promise.

  • I’m teaching again this semester (one class), taking two graduate school classes, and working my regular full-time job. Trust me, do I like doing this to myself…no way. I’m just doing what I’ve got to do in order to reach my goal of becoming a full-time faculty ASAP. Here’s why it is the way it is....my regular full-time job pays the bills, I won’t be considered “qualified” for a full-time teaching position until I finish my graduate studies, so I’m busting ass to get that done and over with asap - hence the two grad classes per semester and one each summer. I can now say my foot is firmly planted in the door on the instruction side of things as I taught my first college level classes last semester, was asked to teach again this semester, and I have just agreed to teach two classes next semester. Again, gaining additional teaching experience and keeping my foot in the door for when the full-time position opens up. So, there ya have it. No wonder my personal life has gone to shit the past couple of years. I can barely keep up with the above and my relationships with my friends and family have suffered. Not to mention my waistline….yikes.

  • I’m still plugging away at weight watchers. I’ll let you know when I hit the first 10 pound mark.

  • I’m still feeling really uneasy about the adoption. Is the wait going to be 4 years next month? 5 years the next? Since I started this process it has continued to increase each and every month. I keep saying, I’ll wait another 6 months and hopefully the wait will have stabilized by then. How many times am I going to say that? I’m seriously entertaining the thought of asking my Christian agency a question, but I am too scared. I’m too scared to even write it here. Maybe I’ll wait another 6 months and then ask.

  • Yesterday, I volunteered to watch my 7 month old nephew while his mom and dad painted their living room. So much fun! He is such a cutie. I didn’t take any photos. Bad aunt.

  • Race for the Cure is this coming weekend. I'm not racing, I'm walking with my sister and her stroller on one side and my friend from work on the other side. After, we are all meeting up for brunch at my friend Ana's house. Should be fun. I hope it doesn't rain!

  • My friend Shelby and I are planning a quick trip to Seattle the first weekend in October. New house = necessary trip to IKEA.

  • I'm out of stuff to write about, why? I have nothing else going on. My life is boring, with a capital B, see bullet 2 to re-visit the reasons why. :-)

See you soon w/ pics of the house!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

My life is boring too. Read my blog for proof. Oh well, what can you do?

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home