Thursday, September 20, 2007

The wait.

In an update to families sent yesterday, my agency stated the following:

Adoption Timing: I’d like to report that the wait time for healthy children is going to come down, but at this report, I can not report this. When at CCAA, I wanted to verify what they could foresee. The news was not at all what I or you want to hear. CCAA is now stating that they expect the wait to go to approximately 3 years. I think that this last year, with the number of log-in dates being matched going down to a few days at a time, demonstrated this.

I am really beginning to wonder if there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

I'm sad now.

7 Comments:

Blogger dustin002 said...

Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet.

1:39 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Wow... that blows my optimistic ideas right out the door... I'm sad too :o(

4:13 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

I have to agree with dustin002.... well said.

I was expecting 3 years from NOW and I'm almost 6 months in. But I don't think I can do more than that.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

That's horrible...but at least they're leveling with you (unlike some agencies that are still telling people the wait is a year!) Hang in there...

9:22 AM  
Blogger cougchick said...

yuck. that's all I got.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

God has a plan Sara! Keep praying and believing!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

I'm going with anon's comment... 'nuff said.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home