Monday, April 16, 2007

Virgina Tech....

I haven't had much time to read the news today and I'm teaching tonight, so it'll be a little while before I get home and watch CNN. The little bit of information I do know is horrid and I can't imagine what else will transpire as the facts start to come together.

What I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around is this:

Cited from this article

Asked why the campus, which has more than 26,000 students, was not shut down after the first shooting, Flinchum responded that police determined "it was an isolated event to that building and the decision was made not to cancel classes at that time."

Steger added, "We had some reason to believe the shooter had left campus."


What's even worse, I'm not sure the school I work at would have done anything differently. There doesn't seem to be any emergency procedures in place, or if there are...they haven't trickled down past the VP's and such...

I asked my colleagues today. What would you do if something like this happened? What are we suppose to do if this was happening in another building? How would we be informed?

No one knew the answer...

My thoughts are with the community in Blacksburg, VA and the families who lost loved ones in this terrible tragedy.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home