Thursday, October 05, 2006

I-171H Update

Anyone sick of hearing me moan and groan about my I-171H? Well, I’m sick of writing about it. However, the main purpose of this blog is my adoption journey…so I guess I’ll keep writing about it until it shows up in the mailbox. Guess what. It’s not going to be here today. How do I know you ask? Well, Hannah called the top dogs over at the central CIS office today to moan and groan about not receiving her I-171H (she was on hold for 58 minutes!)…long story short…our applications are still sitting on someone’s desk in Yakima waiting to be reviewed. I then called my agency today and said “when should I be worried?” her response “call us when it’s been 6 weeks” my response “I’ll talk to you Wednesday”.

Oh, and while I was on the phone with my agency rep I asked how long the wait is, 14 months is what they are telling people now.

This sucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Hi Sara,
It's good to see your blog. Keep writing...it does help. People outside of the adoption world don't really understand the stress of the wait (and of the I171H either for that matter)
I remember at one point, I wondered: Will I always be someone "adopting from China" or will I be someone who "adopted from China"?
I'm sorry for the wait and the slowdown. It will happen and your baby will be the light of your life, I promise.

I found drinking and eating especially helpful during the wait.... My body didn't think it was that helpful, but hey, do what you need to to get through.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home