Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The ups and downs of adoption…

After catching up on my blog postings, a friend from work emailed me today. She could tell that I have been, shall we say, a bit down after completing my paperwork and entering the dreaded wait. The one thing I never knew when I started all this was how much of a roller coaster of emotions this would be. WOW is all I have to say - along with a HUGE thank you in advance to my family, friends, and new bloggy friends who have to listen to me rant about it all. I will say that I am starting to get used the idea of the wait ahead of me this coming year. Oh, who am I kidding..I can't even say I've officially started to wait. I know I know, I will look back on all of this and say “where did the year go?” Isn’t that always how it works?

My friend wrote this in her email to me…Don't ask God for patience, ask for endurance and joy.

I will.

I’m also trying really hard to live in the moment and just be. So often I reflect on the past and worry about the future…I’m going to try really hard not to do that anymore. My life is going to change drastically FOREVER in just one short year (for the better of course), so I plan to enjoy the things I know will no longer be and will try to enjoy the ride along the way.

Thank you M for your kind words.

3 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

wow... get outta my head girl. Wander over to my blog and see how we're floating in the same funk.
Hey, we can ride in the rollercoaster together; first car, right up front :)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Amen sister. Live in this moment right now.. because tomorrow is never a guarantee. I learned that lesson the hard way.

And the wait will move faster than we think if we don't dwell on it and if we spend this time preparing ourselves and having fun along the way.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
I recently heard that 95% (maybe it was 97%??) of the things you worry about never happen...
Sooooo, don't worry, be happy - as grandpa Duane's fish would say!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home