Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm computer free for 4 days and all hell breaks loose!

First, Heather received her I-171H over the weekend. Are you kidding me!!! I am super stoked for her, she is mere weeks away from being DTC. Lucky lady!! Which brings me to…where the F is my I171-H? According to the email I received from Yakima this morning, my application is still awaiting adjudication. Get on it people! I want to be DTC this October, not next…jeez…

I jumped onto the RQ’s website this morning and lo and behold…a rumor about the wait increasing to 24 months greeted me. Neato. The next post was a rumor stating that many agencies are indicating a speed up soon. I like that one better. Then I decided that it was all BS and I shouldn’t read it anymore, so I deleted it off of my favorites list only to put it right back on after lunch. Sick and twisted. I have a love/hate relationship with RQ’s website!

So, what was I doing while my internet was down? Let’s see…

Friday night = cards and adult beverages at JC’s house. Fun times. Saturday, I lounged around in the a.m., homework, errands, and then hung out at B’s house and played Monopoly. Not even kidding people, Monopoly. I haven’t played Monopoly since I was a kid. Sunday, now Sunday was a different story. After coffee and reading the paper, I headed out to my Mom’s house and we went for a 4 mile hike around Mineral Ridge. It was fun! We visited, talked about adoption, and took in the gorgeous views and beautiful fall colors…all with the benefits of cardio! After, I headed home and mowed the lawn. At around 8:15p.m., I realized that a 4 mile hike followed by mowing the lawn was a bit much for this out of shape gal…I popped a couple of advil, took a shower, and don’t remember watching Desperate Housewives because I was zonked!! I can feel my hike in my rear and abs today, which is a very good thing. I think we are going to do it again next week, right Mom??

Oh, and I'm back up and running...my modem pooped out on me.

4 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Feels good to have a computer hiatus now and then. I have nightmares of becoming one of those freakishly pale people who never see the sun ;0) I'm pale enough to begin with...becoming a total computer addict would be a bad thing.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Joannah said...

Welcome back!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Waiting for that 171H is torture. As the weeks crawled by, I became convinced that my mailman had stashed mine down behind his water heater in his basement, along with all the rest of our missing mail! But it came eventually, and yours will too!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote we ignore all the bad stuff.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home