Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Not today.

My friend Hanna called me freaking out today. She had called CIS to ask how much longer until we receive our I-171H. The response she got was less than desirable, something like “it could take another couple of months”. She then texts me with the news. I then email the office in a cute little I don’t want to piss you off and cause you to put my application on the bottom of the pile way asking if they could estimate how much longer until I received my I-171H. A gal responded with:

Sara~

Your file is currently waiting to be adjudicated. This process could take a couple of weeks depending on how many files are currently waiting. Thanks!

So, that's not soooo bad right? I can hold out for another couple of weeks and still be DTC in October. I called Hannah with my email response, she was calmer. I told her to jung hang in there...it'll be soon and she'll have her baby home before Christmas!

Oh, by the way. I had to look up adjudicated in the dictionary. For anyone wondering, the definition is:

1. decide legally: to reach a judicial decision on something
2. decide about: to make an official decision about a problem or dispute

Umm lady...I think approved would have worked there as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen said...

I like the response you received much better.... a few weeks is do-able. I'll keep my digits crossed that it comes sooner though!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home