Wednesday, October 04, 2006

5 weeks and 1 day

I have exciting news! As many of you know, I am aggressively pursuing my master’s degree and hope to have it complete or darn near by the time baby comes home. The degree I am working towards is a Masters in Education, majoring in Professional-Technical/Technology Education with an emphasis in Business Education. How’s that for a mouth full. So, what am I going to do with my degree? My goal is to transition to a full-time faculty position here at the college I work within the next two years. Anyway, most grad students teach a class right? So, I applied for a part-time instructor position next semester. I received a call from our HR department today and I have been approved to teach classes in three different areas (majors) next semester! So, if there is a need for an instructor to teach any of those classes, I will be called in for an interview and off I go. I’m excited, plus I’ll make some extra money…good news this is folks, very good news.

Oh and it's been 5 weeks and 1 day since I submitted my I600A and am still waiting for the ol' I-171H. Maybe it will be in the mail box today....


3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

That sounds very exciting, Sara...and the $$$ will sure come in handy as you save for your little one!

1:50 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Congrats. Teaching can be so fun :0)

Keep lookin' that elusive piece of paper can't hide for too much longer!

3:23 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Congrats.. thats awesome news. I've thought about doing the same and teaching some undergrad education courses, but I just don't have the time. It is great money though. I hope you get some calls!!!

I wish your 171H would come... keep on them.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home