Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I have my own personal...

mailbox stalker!!

My poor friend Hannah, who has received her unofficial referral, is (like me) still waiting for her I-171H. As soon as she receives it, they can start the ball rolling to go pick up their precious baby. Pure torture. Knowing who your baby is and one little piece of paper holding everything back. Gives me quite the insight on what to expect while waiting for my TA (travel approval after I get my referral..FOREVER from now).

Anyway, in my world, the I-171H is holding up sending my documents to China (DTC). Hannah gets off of work early in the afternoon, so everyday at 2:15 p.m. she sends me a text message after she has checked her mailbox...today's text reads:

still nothing

I text back:

It will come soon! Hang in there!

Then, I drive home from work knowing damn well there is nothing in the mailbox...but I check anyway. ;-)

Nice to have my own personal mailbox stalker...but man, I feel for them. I hope it comes soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen said...

I would still check too!!! LOL

3:02 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I remember when I finally got mine. I was happy but almost disappointed. After all the hoopla I was expecting some kind of fancy gilt-edged thing....nope, just a very plain piece of paper (that I guard with my life).

Your boring, but oh so meaningful, piece of paper can't be too far off!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home