Thursday, May 08, 2008

My nerves

I am starting to have moments of serious fear and anxiety. I'm getting nervous and scared…this is all happening soooo fast. Plus, I have been re-reading all the scary parts of the adoption books (worst case scenario attachment and bonding stuff, grieving, oral aversions, food issues, etc.). I mean seriously…who do I think I am traipsing across the world and adopting a baby who has not been waiting for me and whisking her away from all she has ever known?

So, in my family our anxiety and stress tends to show up in the form of shall we say stomach issues. We are all non-milk drinkers, enough said there right? In the past two weeks, every time I eat (anything, not just diary) my stomach hurts like HELL.

ugggh.

I know I know, it will all be OK…but it is what it is and a lot of it is scary. So, now I'm feeling nervous and scared….along with happy, elated, excited, and overjoyed!!!

Note to self: Add Maalox to grocery list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

We all feel (felt) that way too. You prepare yourself for any attachment and adjustment problems that probably won't happen.

You're going about it the right way!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home