Friday, May 02, 2008

Making progress...

As I mentioned before things have kicked into high gear around here and I am in total "get ready for the baby" mode.

Here's this week's happenings in no particular order:
  • My agency sent me the "travel chapter" to put in my big ol' China adoption notebook. It's 100+ pages. I am impressed with the easy to follow, well presented, step by step directions of what happens next. Which leads me to the paperwork involved...whoa. Kin*kos is going to be seeing a lot of my $ in the next few weeks as the amount of paperwork copies I need for everything while in China is staggering.

  • My travel meeting is scheduled for next Thursday evening. Holy crap! I can't believe I am going to a TRAVEL MEETING! So exciting! My mom plans to go with me if she makes it back from the midwest. Which leads me to....

  • My mom is in the midwest this week moving my Grandma into assisted living :-( She has been displaying the signs of dementia and is just no longer able to live alone. :-( I know this has been hard on my mom (and uncle and aunts), but so far it all seems to be going ok...I spoke to my Grandma on Monday night and told her that I am naming my little lady after her. My Grandma's name is Una Mae, Miya's middle name will be Mei. Both are pronounced May, just spelled differently. My Grandma was so excited! My mom said she walked around practicing saying her name all day yesterday and told one of the nurses "I have a new grand baby and she is going to be named after me!

  • There is a gal who works in our SUB who is fluent in Chinese and heard about the adoption...one thing led to another and she has agreed to translate anything I need for Miya's care package. SWEET! Which leads me to...

  • I've started to put Miya's care package together. I'm waiting until after my travel meeting to send it (I actually need to ask when I can send it).

  • Since receiving my referral I have all but stopped watching T.V. Funny how it happens... there is just too much to do, read, prepare for, etc. I'll be cutting my cable package waaaaay back tomorrow. I know I will be waaaay too busy from here on out. Maybe I'll subscribe to HBO again when she goes to college.

  • I am prone to cold sores when I get really stressed or anxious. Guess what arrived on ye old lip this morning? grrrrrrrr.....

And here are pictures of her room in progress - -

Painting the closet...yeah, I look like crap....oh well.

I FINALLY PUT HER CRIB UP!!!!!!!!! So exciting!

While picking up paint supplies w/ my Dad, I came across this little organization gem. After assembling, I actually opened up her blocks and little people toys and put them away. :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen said...

It's all so exciting!!! I can't say enough how happy I am for you!!! :o)

Love the green paint in her room!!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see a different ticker counting down now! Eleven days since LOI! China here we come!
Grandma loves you baby girl!!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

SO cute that Grandma-Great is so excited about you daughter being named after her. Love the storage center, crib and color of the room. I am living vivariously thru you until I have my turn....

Stress always brings on the cold sores for me too.

Lisa

9:57 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

I love that color green. Can't wait to see it all finished.

You're definitely in nesting mode. And floating on a cloud. Good for you!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Wow, the room and crib look beautiful. Your life is such a whirlwind all of a suddent...isn't it great?!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home