Monday, April 28, 2008

Still waiting for PA....

Ok, since I can't share any personal information about my kiddo yet...let me tell you what happens next in the adoption process.

The first thing anyone says to me when I tell them about the referral is "when do you go get her?", and then I tell them and they say "why does it take so long??" and I say "welcome to China adoption!" just kidding, but really this whole process has been hurry up hurry up...do tons of paperwork...hurry up, submit paperwork, and then wait...and wait.

So, here's what happens next in the process:
  • I am waiting for PA (pre-approval) wait, haven't I already been pre-approved twice?? Yep, sure have...but hey! apparently I need another! Pre-approval can take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month.
  • Next up, wait for LOA (letter of acceptance). A letter the China adoption affairs office sends to me to sign and send back stating I am SURE I want to adopt the little lady (ummmmm, I think I'll say yes!!). I think this step takes about 1 month?
  • Next up, TA (Travel approval). Usually arrives 2 weeks after Letter of Acceptance is received.
  • Then, once my agency schedules a very important in China meeting (consulate appointment) I can go get her!

So, in summary, the earliest I will go to China is 3 months, the latest 5 months. Guess what major world sporting event falls right smack dab in the middle of all of this?? Yes, you guessed it...the Olympics. I am PRAYING that everything is processed quickly and I can go get her before the Olympics. Oh how I wish...

In other news, her bedroom is painted and the closet shelves are installed! I'll post pictures as soon (I was too pooped to do it Saturday night).

1 Comments:

Blogger Special K said...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how this process worked.

Can't wait to see nursery pics. I haven't even started mine yet. Of course, I've got plenty of time to do it ...still.. 2 yrs later.
:(

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home