Tuesday, August 07, 2007

House Info

So much fun. My nervousness is o.v.e.r. I have no problem signing my life away on stacks and stacks of papers because I am just so excited that I bought the HIL, pending the inspection of course. ;-)

It has everything I had listed on the little spreadsheet I created for my “need & wants” list. Yes, I know. Can we say Type A?

Here’s the run down…

It sits on a corner lot, nice size, in a cul-de-sac. The home is 1610 square feet with 3 bedrooms, a family room, living room, kitchen, and 3 full baths. It is new, built in 2005. The exterior description includes vinyl siding, a sprinkler system, and what I call a medium+ size back yard. There is plenty of space for the dogs, a swing set, bbq, patio set, and it’s fully fenced. It is located in the burbs of the city I live in (if there is such a thing in NI). A park is currently being built just 1 ½ blocks away.

Inside has vaulted ceilings, an open floor plan, a gas fire place, a good size kitchen, central A/C (thank god!), the appliances are all stainless steel (my fav), and the cabinets are pine (sweet, I hate oak and every dang house I looked at had oak cabinets…ewwww!). There is a double garage, with a garage door opener and a man door.

The only thing I didn't like was the color of the carpet, gray. gross. No offense to anyone with gray carpet, but it just isn't me. Easy fix and I plan to put laminate in the living room and neutral carpets in the bedrooms/family room before I move in. :-)
Now for some pics, snapped straight from the realty website. I haven’t had a chance to take quality inside photos yet.

The front. Looks small and like a rancher doesn't it? It's deceiving from the front, it really is a tri-level, very open, and certainly big enough for munchkin and I.














My fav...the kitchen! oooooh, lookie lookie at the pretty pine cabinets and fancy stainless steal appliances.














Lastly, Happy Birthday to my BIL Zach!



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I despise oak myself, pine is nice. I have a pine bedroom set. Congratulations!

11:55 AM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Great house!! Good luck with all the closing stuff and getting it ready for YOU and munchkin.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! How exciting!

2:51 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Oohhhh It is SOOOOOO nice Sara!! LOVE IT!!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

Looks beautiful and I love the kitchen.
I have grey carpet or should I say it used to be grey. With three boys and a dog "not so much" anymore. It will be gone soon with laminate floors replacing it. Yippee!
BTW, it's the little P.O.lakes not CDA or Priest. We are much smaller but with a chain of 4 lakes connected. I've grown up out there. LOVE IT!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

How beautiful...and three full bathrooms! I'm insanely jealous!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

HOLY CRAPOLI GIRL!!!! WOO HOO!!! And THREE FULL bathrooms??? OMG, my dream to have even TWO!!!!

CONGRATS, GIRLIE!!!!!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I am so jealous about all the bathrooms too! I have a little house which means just one lol

I love the kitchen and the house is a great size. That is what I hope to upgrade to in about 5 years :)

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home