Thursday, July 26, 2007

This and that...

My internet is up down up down at home. Cable man is coming again to check the line and switch out the modem if needed on Friday. Needless to say it is driving me nuts. Why? Cause I’ve got some blogging to do! Currently, I am typing this in word, saving to my t-drive, taking to work and posting first thing in the morning. Not fun. Oh well.

First up, my bloggy pal Heather sent beach time presents for our gift pal exchange. The box arrived on my 7 month LID anniversary and I happened to be reading her blog when the doorbell rang with the delivery. How crazy is that?! I’d post pictures, but don’t have anyway to upload them yet. Thank you Heather, everything…the watermelon floaty, cute outfit, sand tools, and sunglasses are super cute!!

Now for some updates....

  • Remember this crazy post? Well, my stress level has decreased immensely. I have a feeling it was mostly due to being behind and not having my summer school class finished. Now that it’s finished, I can breath again. Plus, I don’t have to worry about any more school until August 20th. Not much of a break, but a break nonetheless.

  • My foot is better, but nowhere near fixed.. The first cortisone shot did nothing and I was in pain the entire time I was in ND for my grandma’s birthday. I called the Dr. and demanded an appointment as soon as I returned, as I was in worse pain then before the stupid shot. He saw me right away and said “well, I’m kind of glad the shot didn’t work”. What? I wasn’t really seeing things quite that way.... Turns out, it was just allowing him to rule out what isn’t wrong with my foot. The first shot was injected into my joint. Clearly, my joints are fine as I was still in major pain. So, what did he do? He gave me another cortisone shot, this time in the nerve ending. Now, I am not one to really care one way or the other if I have to have a shot. However, after experiencing the first cortisone shot, I really wasn’t looking forward to another. Anyone ever had one? Not fun. I almost passed out…he injected the needle and then MOVED IT AROUND while continuing to inject the steroids into my nerve ending. Ouch. So, I have a swollen nerve ending in my foot. He sent me out the door and told me I was only allowed to wear my crocs and tennis shoes for two weeks. I see him again next week and I suppose he’ll have me fitted for inserts or something as the pain is still there. Not as bad, but certainly nowhere near 100%. Can I tell you how much I look forward to growing old with my feet? Uggggggggh!

  • House hunting is progressing. I am seeing 5 listings this Friday; I wonder if any of them will be the one?

  • Just got word that my 6 month old nephew is up on all fours...as in practicing his downward facing dog. I do believe he will be crawling in no time!

I’ll post pics when internet is back up and running on the home front!

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Hi Sara,

You had asked where we got our white bookcase. It's from Target and it's the larger of the two bookcases they carry. It was $99.00. They have baskets and bins that fit the shelves, but I figure we'll fill ours up and won't really have room for those.

By the way, love your blog's name and the design. Very cute!

Donna :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Operationtigerlily said...

Fellow Dec '06 LID-er here!

Buying a house is a total stresser, but as soon as you get those keys for the first time, you will experience Zen. For reals, trust me. Good luck on the house hunt!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home