Friday, April 13, 2007

Conversation

I worked late last night, board meeting night. My board consists of staff, faculty, and alumni. After adjournment, a few of us were lingering around and chatting…

Board Member 1: “Hey Sara, are you getting close to getting your baby?”

Me: “No, not really, still waiting, it’s going to be awhile”

Board Member 2: “Wow, how long do you have to wait? It seems like it’s been a long time”

Me: “Yes, almost a year into the process already and I have at least another year to go”

Board Member 2: “Whoa, that’s a REALLY long gestation period”

Me: “Tell me about it”

Board Member 2: “Isn’t there an animal that has a 2 year gestation period?”

Board Member 3 and a microbiology instructor enters the conversation after hearing us speaking about animals and gestation periods: “Elephants have a two year gestation period!”

Me: “As does China adoption”

Everyone laughed and out the door we went.

Guess I learned something new last night.

China adoption is comparable to a pregnant elephant.

Who knew?



4 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

I have a feeling I'm going to be an overdue elephant! ;0)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

At first I kept saying I had the gestation of a horse, now I guess we are moving closer to an elephant. I wonder if there is something in between. :)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Even whales are pregnant only for 12-16 months. Sigh. I guess that makes us Chinese elephants.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Wow, I never thought of it in those terms...very creative!

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home