Friday, December 15, 2006

Windstorm 2006

All h*ll is breaking loose....

We had a major major windstorm last night, gusts over 60 miles per hour for hours on end. The streets are littered with fallen trees and power lines. I lost power at 12:30a.m. last night and it is now 10:00a.m. and it just came back on.

I had to shower by flashlight this morning and head into work without makeup and wet hair. pretty. Being the bright one that I am, I hauled my hairdryer and makeup in my purse with full intentions of finishing "getting ready". I thought for sure there would be power. Not so much. Over 19,000 folks are still without it....

Our building was pitch dark and freezing...so what do we do? The ladies and I all head to breakfast, and it seems as if everyone else had the same idea. The place was crazy busy, yet very convenient as they had power...generator maybe? As we were driving back to work, my friend Ana took a ton of pictures of the damage. CRAZY stuff, I'll post them up as soon as she emails them to me. We still didn't have power at work so we were sent home...yippee!!

Now that the power is back on, the news is reporting over 1 million people are without power in the Seattle area (I am 4 1/2 hours east)...wow.

5 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

So glad the power is back...you don't realize how much you rely on it until it isn't there. No computer? (gasp)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Calico Sky said...

OOhh sounds kinda neat but worrysome. Glad you are safe!
What do you do for your job? Is your mom called Sherrie, someone just left me a nice message, was that her?

2:42 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I've been reading about this in the news...what a nightmare. Hope you're doing okay now that the worst is over....

2:57 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Hoping you & everyone you know faired well... Nothing scarier than a powerful wind!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I just talked to my brother in North Bend, Wa, and he said his power is still out, and might not be back on until after Christmas!

Michelle

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home