Thursday, November 30, 2006

my not so good day....

If it’s not one thing it’s another…

Be warned, this is a major downer post...

The CCAA only matched from August 25, 2005 to September 8, 2005 this month. The wait is getting longer and longer every month. It’s downright depressing. If this keeps up, month after month after month, I won’t be meeting my daughter for another 2-3 years. Ouch. I'm certainly not getting any younger either. double ouch.

North Idaho is a winter wonderland right now. We have about 6 inches of snow covering our area and are supposed to get another 2-4 inches today. As I drove into work this morning, very carefully in 4-wheel drive I might add, I came around the corner and just as I was pulling into work guess what happened? My passenger door window decided to go down. all. by. itself. What the? Apparently it’s possessed and decided to fall off the track without anyone pushing the down button on the snowiest damn day we’ve had yet. Neato.

So, what do I do? I call up our auto-body repair department for advice as to where I might take it to get fixed, like now. Cal, my friend and the instructor for the program, said “pull it around Sara, we’ll tear it apart and take care of you!” As I pulled into the garage he said “you know, your going to be a mother soon, we can’t have your windows falling down randomly”…in my crabby mind I was thinking, yeah right, in like three freaking years…so, now the jeep is tucked away in the auto body repair department waiting for Cal and his students to rip apart my door and put the window back on its track.

**Update** sigh, it just gets better…the window didn’t just fall off the track, the window regulator is bad = $200.00 to fix. The good news is that I provided a very teachable moment for the auto body repair program and I don’t have to pay for the labor.

I had a wardrobe malfunction today at work. I’m chalking it up to the fact that I have been eating like a hog for the past 2-3 weeks with zero exercise…doesn’t take long for the ol’ pants to get tight again does it? Better get back on the weight watchers/exercise saddle like now.

Thank god tomorrow is Friday and a new day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

Sorry sister, I know what those kinda days are like. I too GASPED when I saw the lack of days in referrals. I just hope that you and I have LID's that are close enough to go in the same batch! I'm hoping your LID slows up by a week and mine speeds up by a week :) Hell, at this rate, a week doesn't matter. What matters more is going to China TOGETHER! :) Hugs sister - now buy have your last half gallon of ice cream, because you and I are on a mission come New Years!!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Sorry you had such a crummy day...when it rains, it pours. Here's hoping you have a better week ahead!

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, If you are trusting God in this adoption endeavor, you need to remember He has perfect timing and it is all going to work out! Pray for patience.
Oh - remind Cal that I love him. I used to call him for all kinds of emergencies, sometimes just a hug! What a guy.
p.s. I don't want to wait 2-3 years for her either...

6:09 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

UG, please don't call yourself old, I am your age and I feel very old lately!

The 2-3 years thing does stink. Next Tuesday is my 1 yr ann for my LID. Crazy huh?

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home