Friday, December 08, 2006

Holy shite

The big meeting is over.

The Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs has announced the new rules for China's international adoption program.

No more single applicants after May 2007.

Dossiers that have arrived before then will still be considered.

Originally, I had decided to use a differant agency. An agency which had an open single spot May 2007.

If I could type this while on my knees thanking jesus and my mother I would be.

My mother was the one who flew into my house one Sunday right before she left for Phoenix and gave me the newspaper with an ad announcing a local adoption seminar....saying "you should just go for fun. Who knows, maybe you might meet some people", knowing darn well that I already had an agency and was planning to start this process May 2007.

I attended the local seminar, nervous and scared to death because I was all alone, asked the following questions during the Q and A.

Me: "Do you accept applications from singles?"
Agency: "Yes"
Me: Do you have any single slots open now?"
Agency: "Well...actually yes, why don't you see me after the meeting"

After the meeting

Agency: "I had a single girl drop out of the program yesterday, I was going to see if a local family (single) wanted the slot first, before I advertised it nationwide, and you are the first person that has crossed my path looking for a single slot. Do you want it?".
Me: Bursting into tears....."yes"

After, I sat in my car crying and shaking because I knew at that very moment my life had changed forever. I had just made the decision to start this process now, not next year.

thank you mom.

10 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Your little angel was watchin' over you :0)

9:30 PM  
Blogger Calico Sky said...

I am so happy for you. I guess for me (I can't be ready by May) this means the end of the dream of adopting from China. I haven't posted about it yet, trying to get a handle on how I feel, but sadly it is true.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I am so glad you took that spot. I feel so bad for the singles out there that won't get to adopt at all :(

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you made it in.
There are no accidents.....

11:30 AM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

You made me cry tears of happiness for you :)

Oh how I sooooo hope we are in China together to get our daughters!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hi! I just found your blog. How wonderful that you got in before the changes! I also saw that you came all the way to Yakima to submit your papers! That's where we live. I didn't realize how easy we had it, having immigration right here in town.

Take Care,
Michelle

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to say, Sara. I'm so happy you fall in to the proper time line - I'm so sad kate m loses her dream of adopting from China. Maybe we can get two while we are there? However Kate m, don't give up hope. There may be a way someday...
I love you Sara!

7:16 AM  
Blogger C said...

It's amazing how things fall into place.

I too feel very fortunate. My Christmas present- my daughter Kate who arrived in July- will be deeply appeciated.

c

7:52 AM  
Blogger Tao's Mommy said...

Thank heavens!!! WOW...I'm so happy for you that you followed your heart when you did! I cant imagine how the other "single" moms are doing who are waiting for a spot!!
I'm just counting my lucky stars that I followed my heart and began when I did!!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Calico Sky said...

Sara, I hadn't seen your mom's comments, thanks for making me aware.
THANKS SARA's MOM - It was really nice of you to think of me. I do hope someday to be able to adopt from China!
Thanks again!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home