Monday, November 27, 2006

Giving Thanks

I’m overdue for the Thanksgiving post, but I’m putting it up anyway.

Thanksgiving was a success. I cooked and everything turned out great except…I made my stuffing with chicken stock and it turned out too salty AND my gravy was bad, I mean really bad. For some reason I can’t figure the whole gravy thing out. I know I know, everyone says “it’s so easy! You do this and that and let it thicken up”. Well, I did this and that and it still was the consistency of water. Ewwww! Thankfully, the fam were good sports about it and poured it all over their plates anyway. Speaking of the fam, in attendance at my house on Thanksgiving were my sisters, brother-in-law, nephew, Dad, and someone special. We had pies up the wazzooooo and everyone left with bags of leftovers. All in all it was really good.

I am thankful for...

the opportunity to create my family through adoption

the overwhelming support I have received from my family, friends, and co-workers – it really is amazing how much this little girl is loved already!

my family

my friends

my someone special ;-)

my new blog friends and the network of all things China adoption I have found through the internet – truly truly amazing!

Hoping you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

Blogger Calico Sky said...

We all have so much to be Thankful for don't we?!
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

12:08 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Glad you had a wonderful holiday...I do the gravy cure by throwing more flour in it...often works but sometimes makes disgusting lumps...oh well...lumps o love ;0)

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home