Sunday, September 17, 2006

Waiting

As I begin to enter the dreaded wait, I find myself less excited about my adoption…why is this? I was so gung ho a week or so ago, now when people ask me how the adoption is going, I don’t even want to talk about it because it makes me feel sad. It felt real when I was knee deep in paperwork, but now that I have nothing to do it feels so far away. Maybe I feel sad because I don’t know when I can expect her referral. Will it be 12 months? 14 months? 18 months? Later? Earlier? I don’t know and everyone wants to know.

Where is my I-171H? Maybe tomorrow?

2 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

It does feel like you hit a wall after the paper hunt is accomplished. All of a sudden there is nothing left to do BUT wait. It gets frustrating.

For me the shoppy helps, so does blathering on my blog and running around enjoying my last days of untethered freedom (which I would be glad to give up tomorrow).

Hang in....we'll make it!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Joannah said...

I totally understand. There's a bit of a let down after you are done with the paperchase. Join your DTC group and enjoy doing all the things that will be more difficult to do after you have your sweet baby home.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home