Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Homestudy visit success!!

It went great! My caseworker was wonderful and made me feel very comfortable. We visited, reviewed paperwork, talked timelines, and I answered a few more questions she had. We then toured the house (which took 10 minutes). That was it! The entire visit was about 1 1/2 hours. Everyone was right, I had nothing to be worried about...but you know me, I worry.

Oh, and Timber was on her VERY best behavior!! I think the calm ghost entered her body for the entire visit. She just lounged on the back porch and watched us the whole time. Did someone come over and drug her while I was at work??

When it was all said and done, I looked down at Timber and said "We are having a baby". She just licked me and wagged her tail...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!
See how easy it was?
I'd venture to tell you that it is the "easiest" part of your adoption process.
Send that calm ghost our way, Sadie & Roo could use a little possession :)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our LID was 2/24/06.
It's been 5.5 months.
When we started the process in June 2005, the wait was 6 months. We had anticipated a referral this month...
The hardest part are the ups and downs of the wait. The rumors on the internet, and lack of communication from our agency. You have a really good agency, and I know for a fact the they'll will be much more supportive during the wait than ours. :)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home