Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Last weekend = camping up the river

I've been meaning to post a bit about my camping trip last weekend. A major event happened in that I caught my FIRST (after two summers of trying) fish fly-fishing. Wait, count that 4..yeah, I said it. 4 TOTAL PEOPLE! Oh man, I was so darn excited. Nevermind that they were just little guys, I still caught them! I also discovered that my felt bottom boots, made specifically for wading around in the river and keep you from slipping, don't work so well in the mud. I took a big digger and was soaked.


My girl, playing in the river...

My first fish, a little bitty trout...

Peach cake, made in the Dutch oven. It would have been better, but I forgot the veggie oil...grrrr

Want to see happy campers? Make enchilada casserole in the Dutch oven. It was SOOO good!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO want those recipes! AND to learn to fly fish!

Congrat's on your 1st home visit. It will be easier than you think. Promise!

We're heading to Round Lake on Friday, and will be thrilled to catch 1 fish!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so jc reads your blog, Sara!
I saw him on the street the other day and he didn't recognize me...

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home