Thursday, July 20, 2006

Operation Deep Clean

Yeah, so I received my home study information in the mail today just in time for me to work on my bio information over the weekend. This leads me to believe that I will be having my first social worker visit in the next couple of weeks.

Enter first 'OH SHIT' moment.

As I stood in my living room last night, spinning in circles, wondering where on earth I should start, I found myself panicky, like really really panicky. I had new carpet installed in the bedrooms two weeks ago and still haven'’t managed to get the house back in order yet, let alone deep cleaned. My garage, dining room, living room, and office are filled with stuff for storage, stuff for the dump, and stuff for Goodwill.

Then, I decide I absolutely MUST have a sprinkler system installed (last week). The landscaper told me that I would never be able to tell that they had been there and it would only take 3 days to install. Well, here we are 10 days later and it still isn't finished. Not only that, but my yard looks like it has brown dirt track veins running through it. Neato guys! Thanks a bunch! Long story short, they will be hydro-seeding to fix the dirt track lines. Did I mention that my dog, Timber, has been re-located to the back yard because I don't want to keep worrying about a bunch of dog hair sneaking into the cracks of the house while waiting for social worker to visit? Oh, but how is grass supposed to grow when my dog is tramping through it all day long. Sigh.

So, what did I do, I gave up and decided to read through my agency contract one last time before signing, copying, and sending to SWA along with a rather large agency fee. Bad idea.

Enter second 'OH SHIT' moment.

In short, the contract is scary, really scary and can be summed up in a few short words.
No refunds, no guarantees.

Then, I had a dream. Did you see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Remember all the fancy spinning ninja moves? Well, in my dream I was inside a video game and the only way to get my baby was to complete several levels of fighting ninja. I didn't get past the second level before I woke up in a panic.

I need a plan. I need an 'Operation Deep Clean' plan. I need a list.
Thankfully, I am the daughter of THE most organized, list making man out there and I inherited some of his organization skills. Now, 'the plan' is a neatly organized list in excel and separated by what needs to be in each room. The plan is to tackle one room at a time. Besides, will the social worker really care that there is dirt in my back yard, maybe a little dog hair here and there? I don't think so.

First 'OH SHIT' moment solved.

As for the contract, I have decided to not worry about it, sign the darn thing, and remember the big picture.

The blessing I will receive at the end of this long journey.

I am dealing with a very reputable agency and am feeling very fortunate that they have accepted me as a single client (and I was able to start the paperchase after only waiting 3 months!). Yeah, there are a lot of unknowns and a lot of things can happen, but I trust that everything will work out and at some point I'll head to China and bring my baby home.

Second, 'OH SHIT' moment solved.
Now, I best get off this computer and get to workin' on my list.

p.s. Thank you for the nice comment about SWA holly, perfect timing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Just wait! You'll spend all that time cleaning and your SW won't care a bit!

My first meeting with my SW was at a restaurant near work. She asked basic questions and gave me a packet of more questions. Then she said she had Friday available for the next visit. It was Tuesday.

So I smile and say SURE! and as soon as she is out of site, RUN to my car, run into to work and tell my boss I'll see her in a week. She's like why? and later on told me I was speaking in tongues or something.

So I spend 2.5 days cleaning, didn't even go to bed. I prepared fruit salad and made sure I had bottle water like everyone had told me.

After her 5 minute inspection we went to the kitchen table to look over papers where I almost fell asleep. I forgot to offer her food and drink and I had left a pile of dirty clothes in the floor in front of the washer just a few feet from her (keep in mind my washer was spotless!). Don't be me, its all good! :)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home