Monday, July 10, 2006

The low down...

Holy smokes, I’ve been a busy busy girl.

Let me back up to the 4th of July. Not too eventful, I worked the morning of as it’s my responsibility to coordinate the parade activities for NIC. It was scorching outside. Nuff’ said about that and I was glad when my duties were over. After, someone special and a few friends rounded up the doggies and headed up the river for an afternoon of swimming (dogs) and sunning (me). Great fun, except we forgot the OFF and came home with several horse fly and mosquito bite. Ouch! I skipped out on firework festivities and had only one small scare when my neighbors lit off what sounded like a bomb right outside my back door. I found out later that it was only a homemade sparkler bomb (insert sarcasm here)! Oh well, boys will be boys. As long as my house didn’t burn down I was A OK with whatever festivities were going on outside. I hit the hay in a very 30 something old lady type fashion at 10:00 p.m.

Then came home improvement projects phase 2. It went a little like this…

Wednesday p.m. - clear out all furniture from bedrooms, remove trim and closet doors for Thursday a.m. carpet installation. A big shout out of THANKS to my sister and her boyfriend for coming to my rescue when someone special had to cancel and rescue his sister who was dealing with her own 'moving furniture hell'.

Thursday - 8:00 a.m. carpet guys do not show up forcing me to miss a 1 ½ of work and enjoy the thought of tripping over all my s**t and sleeping on the floor in the living room one more night. Thanks guys.

Friday - I had the day off due to the fact that I worked on the 4th. My co-workers' 15 yr. old son met me at 7:30 a.m. and we worked and worked cleaning up and beautifying my yard. Carpet guys showed up on time and all went as planned. 7:30 p.m., I couldn't move anymore I was so tired working my tail off all day.

Saturday
- I finished up the backyard weeding and mowing, headed out to my Mom’s house for a visit, and then hit the furniture stores in search of a new dresser/T.V. stand. Saturday evening festivities included watching Catwomen on HBO…gosh, I have such an exciting night life!

Sunday - finally a day of rest! After the unusually busy week, I needed it. Someone special stopped by in the a.m. and helped me move the new dresser into my bedroom. Then, we all (same friends from last weekend) headed back up the river for swimming (dogs), sunning (me), and a picnic lunch (yum). We forgot the OFF again, but had a grand old time anyway.

I was reminded several times yesterday why I love North Idaho…

Stay tuned for home improvement projects phase 3, the sprinkler system is scheduled to be installed today or tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your home is going to be just lovely for this little munchkin : )

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home