Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trip to Arizona - Take 2

I was finally able to upload photos last night, with that...here comes the trip to Arizona posts!

First up, the flight. Now, you will remember this was our first flight with little ones. My sister and I were so nervous! Jackson was so excited to ride on an the "errrrplane", he could hardly contain himself. We walked into the airport and he looked up at me and said "Are we in Arizona?". Ummmm, no.

Overall the kids did great, and I think Lexi and I managed pretty well too. A couple of funnies...

  • The first time I took Jackson to the bathroom in the airport, he skipped in, slammed the door stall shut, locked it, and then couldn't figure out how unlock the door, so he crawled under to get out, and left me standing there going uhhhh....and you know I wasn't about to crawl under the stall to unlock it.
  • While in the airplane, we hit a some turbulence. I said to Jackson "did you feel that in your tummy?" He replied, "no, I felt it in my ding ding". I nearly choked on my peanuts.
  • During our first decent, Jackson's ears were starting to plug up and hurt. I was afraid this would happen as I remember my ears hurting BAD when I was a kid on an airplane, but since his ears were plugged, he couldn't really hear all that well and shouted "OH NO, MY EARS HURT!" Two seconds later, auntie Sara had unwrapped a dum dum for him and gave him the water bottle with the hopes that swallowing and sucking would help unplug his ears.

And now for the pics, captions are beneath the photos.
















GEG airport parking lot, getting ready to go! How cute is Jackson with his little wheelie carry-on...which he never once wheeled or carried inside the airport. Guess who did?



















Jackson was a bit nervous during the first take-off and needed to hold aunt Lexi's hand. On the second take-off, he decided he was a pro and didn't need to hold Lexi's hand.












Chaos

















Activity time













Messing around, keeping everyone occupied.




















Ahhhh, during the last leg the kiddos fell asleep on Lexi for an hour. I read a magazine and she glared at me. :-)

We made it! My mom snapped this just as Jackson saw "GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!!!!" and took off full speed ahead. Lexi and I are behind him, lugging the other kiddo and all the crap.

3 Comments:

Blogger A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Glad you had a good trip and the flights went well with the kiddos. Cute pics!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe! SOunds like a blast! It is good practice for you!

5:06 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

looks like a fun trip!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home