Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Homestudy update and more

Even though I have no idea what is going to happen with my adoption moving forward, I still went through the process of updating my paperwork. I'm not ready to give up yet, so for now things will just stay on course.

I met with my Idaho social worker yesterday, she is very nice and very down to earth. She has been great this past week, responding very quickly to my panic/melt down after I received "the email" from my agency on Thursday. She called my agency, called her agency, and tried to get information for me. Nothing new came of it, but at least she tried! She is also helping me explore another option, reviewing documents with me, offering up her hubby who is an ER doc for advice at any time, etc. So, very soon my homestudy update will be off in the mail and I will have one thing less worry about for the next 15 months (which is when it will all expire again).

In other news...finally, something fun to blog about!

My sister and I are off to Phoenix with the nephews tomorrow morning with Grandma and Grandpa greeting us on the other end! We are so excited and yet we are both freaking out as we have never flown with kiddos. Let me repeat that...I have never traveled in an airplane with children. It's always been me, myself, and I. Gone are the days of reading a book quietly in my seat while sipping a beverage and rolling my eyes at the crying babies on board.

My usual carry-on items (book, ipod, magazine, computer, m&m's, and cash for an adult beverage) have been replaced with a new po*wer ranger, deck of cards, pad of paper, the new Cray*ola markers that only show up on paper...what are they called?, travel size doodle pad thingy, DVD player, wet wipes, an extra size 4T shirt, snacks, sugarless gum, and more snacks. Can you tell I'll be in charge of keeping the 3 1/2 year old entertained?

So far, I'm only worried about whether or not Jackson will decide he has to pee while the seat belt sign is on. Oh, and how we are going to get all our junk to the check-in counter. Lexi, on the other hand, is pretty freaked out. She is worried that Thomas will freak out and cry the whole time (I highly doubt it...) and we'll be "the family" on the airplane, you know "the family" we, without children, roll our eyes at when their kids are banging on the back of the seats and crying! hehehe...

Sweet lord, let's hope we make it all in one piece.

I'll be back with a full report from sunny Arizona!! Whooohooo! I'm mortified, yet very excited to lay my winter pale, beached whale looking body, by the pool in 80 degree weather!

3 Comments:

Blogger Special K said...

Oooooo....have fun in Phoenix. I've been there. It's a cool place. Well, hot temp but cool vibe. LOL!

My sis and I are flying in June to see our grandparents with all 4 of her brood. Should be interesting. It's the first time they've ever flown. I may need some survival tips.

2:34 PM  
Blogger C said...

gosh, I'm sorry of the stuff going on. I'm kind of out of the loop, so please know that I'll keep you in my thoughts that things move is a positive direction....

5:53 AM  
Blogger Liene said...

The markers are called Crayola Wonder and you will love them when your kiddo is old enough to use them. I love them because they don't make a mess and only color on that special paper.

Have a fun trip. I can't wait for our vacation to FL next month.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home