Saturday, August 18, 2007

So close, yet still no keys!

Yesterday at 11:00a.m. I signed all the papers at the title company. The next steps were for the title company to fax my docs to the lender, wait for the lender to call back with final approval, and then record the deed at the county. When the deed was recorded, the sellers real estate agent would call me and I could pick up the keys.

Oh so simple right? One would think. When the deed arrived at the county for recording, they noticed that the notary had made a mistake and would not accept it. The title company then called me and told me that they would have to have another deed fed-ex'd from who knows where with another notary and would not be able to record the deed until Monday.

:-(

I was bummed, but there is nothing I can do about it. I will get the keys on Monday and the carpet removal and cleaning will begin!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen said...

Ohh How annoying Sara! At least its something simple though and will be corrected quickly!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

No biggie - one more weekend to relax before you're inundated with stuff to do!!!! Hey girl - BTW, I'm extending the date for the bloggy gift exchange due to you closing on your house! Beginning of September work better for ya?

7:56 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Exciting stuff. You are going to have such fun making it all your own.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home