Saturday, August 25, 2007

Backing up

Two weeks ago, while my brother and Ryan were visiting, my nephew Jackson came over and spent the night with us. I was pretty sick at the time, hadn’t started my antibiotics yet, and really wasn’t too excited about having my very spirited 3 year old nephew spend the night. Yet, this auntie cannot refuse the chance to spend time with one of her most precious nephews…so Jackson came on over with the uncles promising to take care of him and let me rest.

The exciting news upon his arrival was the fact that he had mastered the potty since the last time I saw him, only need pull-ups at night. He was even wearing his big boy underwear and whipped his pants down to prove it to me.

Later, he needed to use the bathroom. I followed him to the loo, he hopped up on the toilet and told me to “get out”. I asked him if he was sure he didn’t need any help and he assured me that he was ok. Keep in mind I do not have a potty chair, so he was hanging on for dear life on the big toilet. I went to my bedroom, which isn’t that far from the bathroom so I could hear him, thinking he would probably fall in or something…and a few minutes later he hollered “Saaaaarrrrraaaaa, I made a poop! I need a treat!”. So, I went to the bathroom to see if he needed help. Again, “Sara! I made a poop! I need a treat!”. I asked him what he needed a treat for (aren’t I a meanie), and in an exasperated you should really know this voice he said “because I made a poop!”. Ohhhh!

So, after much praise from myself and everyone else in the house I asked “What kind of a treat do you want?” quickly racking my brain to think of possible treats I might have on hand. “I don’t know” was his response. My mind was racing, crap!, what kind of an auntie doesn’t have treats on hand…and then I remembered..."How bout’ an Otter Pop Jack?”

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Here’s a pic of Jack and I after he made his poop and needed a treat!



5 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Hah. That's funny. I have a niece (now married, good goddess) who got a 'goodie' everytime she pooped during training. She was a wise one. She got her goodie because 'having a goodie will make more poop'. Kids.

11:00 AM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Hm. Maybe next time I "make poop" I'll treat myself... :O) Too funny.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you always make me smile..great picture

8:09 PM  
Blogger T said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Please feel free to link to the post.

11:09 AM  
Blogger cougchick said...

I usually treat myself after a poop as well...Ha!

This worked for my 3 boys when they were training. I still use the otter pops for bribery although now it is for emptying the dishwasher or putting laundry away.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home