Thursday, April 12, 2007

Eeeeeek!

At 5:45 this morning, I woke up to the noise of my cat Satchi running around and playing. I thought she was playing with one of my hair ties as they seem to be her favorite toys these days. Yeah, not so much. As I got up and started my morning routine I looked over and noticed she wasn’t messing around with one of my hair ties she was playing with a dead mouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, there are two things in this world that really freak me out.

COCKROACHES and thank god I do not live in an area where cockroaches are a popular pest!

And

MICE

Sweet lord, I almost lost it right then and there.

So, it was 5:45a.m. and I was freaking the hell out because there is a dead mouse in my bedroom doorway while Satchi just romped around having a grand ol’ time with it. Ewwwwwwwww!

Well, what’s a single girl without a man in her house to do? I did what any strong, independent, single woman would do. I hopped over the mouse, swore at the cat, felt like things were crawling all over me and headed out to the garage to find the dustpan and broom. I then swept the damn thing up, shrieked a little bit, and deposited it into the kitchen garbage can. I almost left it there (remember I was freaking out), but then decided it would be best out in the garage, so I carefully (while swearing and shrieking some more) took the garbage bag out of the can and threw it out the door.

I then called someone special and freaked out a little bit more because there was a mouse in my house and I had to deal with it all by myself!

Crisis over.

I’m pretty sure the mouse did not reside inside my home. Satchi is known to prowl around for things and there have been a couple of times she has deposited dead birds at the back door for me to see. I think she brought the little sucker in this past weekend. The weather was AWESOME and I was in and out, doing yard work, etc. and just left the sliding glass door open.

However, just in case I’m making someone special come over tonight and assess the situation. THEN, I’m cleaning and scrubbing and cleaning some more…ewwwwwww!!, the thought of the mouse is still freaking me out!

GROSS

Someone special mentioned on Tuesday night that he thought it smelled like something was dead in my house. I was like "what are you talking about? I don't smell anything..." Guess my sniffer isn't working so well.

5 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Oh wow...Iwould be the dead thing in your house at this point. This chick is not big on rodents. Ick! Good management of that situation!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

You handled that quite well.

My DOG brought me a dead mouse once. I got the dust pan, broom, and rubber gloves (just in case the mouse germs jumped from the dust pan onto my hands.) I probably looked ridiculous , but it was the only way I could cope. :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I feel that way about big hairy black basement spiders. They seem to love the damp of the west coast. I just totally wig out. The only problem is that my hubby is shrieking louder than me so i'm S.O.L. on how to rid myself of them. So far I've just sold the offending houses and moved. This new one = no spiders. So far.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gross

5:23 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

Way to go Brave Soul! Mice make me jumpy!!! Yuck.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home