Friday, March 23, 2007

Slumber party plans

Today, my 2 ½ year old nephew Jackson is coming over to stay with me (all afternoon and all night). I’m looking forward to spending some time with him as I haven’t really had a chance to see much of him in the past few months.
On the agenda so far:
  • Playing at the park across the street & throwing the ball for Timber

  • Playdough (man, he loves playdough and I have NEW playdough cutters for us to break in)

  • Dinner

  • Bath

  • Diego DVD (while snuggled up with auntie whom I'm sure will be praying that he settles down and goes to sleep at a decent hour).
On the Dinner Menu...
Lean ground beef sloppy joes on whole wheat buns
Tater tots
Orange slices
And this for a snack whenever…











Crunchy Snack Mix

Prep Time: 10 min.
Start to Finish: 10 min. (can't beat that!)
Makes: 10 servings (1/2 cup each)

1 cup animal crackers
1 cups teddy bear-shaped chocolate or honey graham snacks
1 cup miniature pretzel twists
1 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
1 cup yogurt-covered raisins*

1. Mix all ingredients
2. Store in covered container up to 1 month

* Jackson is allergic to milk products, so I'll substitute w/ regular raisins. ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Jackson's one lucky litte dude!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sounds like you have the perfect evening planned. I want to come too! :)

That snack looks yummy! I am going to copy that recipe to have on hand when my nieces and nephews come. They would love that!!! Thanks for sharing it.

Have a wonderful time tonight!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

He will love it! My 3 year old loves all the activities you mentioned and is a huge Diego fan. What a great auntie! And I'm sure his mom is enjoying some time to herself.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man! One week from today and Grandma and Grandpa will be back home in Idaho and then WE CAN HAVE SLUMBER PARTIES TOO!! Next year our little munchkin will be there too!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home