Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ramblings...

I feel like I am neglecting the blog, but I don't really have anything to report except the fact that I am trying to get my to do list done before I leave in 7 DAYS!!!

Good grief I can't believe I just wrote 7 days.

Well, let's see...here's the happenings in my life random/bullet style.


  • It is hard to describe my feelings right now. I am wound up, excited, happy, emotional, not really scared, but as I write this I realize scared wouldn't be the right word, it's my nerves. My nerves are kicking in. I'm nervous. Nervous about the fact that I am flying around the world in 7 days and becoming a mom to a little girl who has no idea that her world will be rocked in just 11 short days. Yep, that's it. I'm very nervous, probably nervous of the unknown, but nervous nonetheless. Everyone keeps telling me to relax, it will all be fine. I'm sure it will, but it still doesn't take away these feelings. I mean, anyone who is about to become a mother for the first time has got to be nervous. Right? I've also noticed that my patience is running very thin. My temper is short. I'm a bit...shall we say...snappy? Again, probably just nerves...anyway...just get me on the plane and I will be a happy happy girl.

  • My to do list is down to 1 page and it's mostly crap that needs to get done around the house. like....clean the garage, pay the bills, one last cos*tco run, one last Tar*get run, send email with travel blog link, etc. etc. The last item on my list is....re-check travel list/paperwork/packing inventory ONE LAST TIME.

  • I am signed up for the free car seat safety check tomorrow at my local hospital.

  • Miya's room is all done except for hanging her wood name letters and a wall word crafty thing my sister gave me. I've decided that this can get done AFTER we get home. I have yet to download the pictures of her room, but I will get to it...I promise! It's on the to do list. :-)

  • My FMLA paperwork has been submitted, Miya is added to my health insurance, and her Dr.'s appointment is scheduled for the 22nd. I look forward to this appointment, yet dread it. Isn't the first appointment where they draw blood? uggggh, not looking forward to that one.

  • I am finishing up my to do list at work and to be honest I am really looking forward to my leave.

  • I recently found out that my employer does not offer the same benefits to adoptive parents that they offer parents who give birth. This was a major surprise and it makes me feel very sad and quite frankly discriminated against. I have been officially denied the same benefits one would receive if they were to give birth. I do not plan on letting this one go quite yet and will deal with it when I return. If not for me, for those who choose to adopt after me. I really feel strongly that adoptive parents should be treated as equals to those parents who choose to create families by giving birth.

  • I also found out that after two years on the wait list, Miya does not have a spot at the children's center (located at my work). In addition, my alternate daycare choice has raised their fees and it is now out of reach for me budget wise. Great. Just great. Again, I'll deal with it when I get home. I'm sure it will all come together some how, some way. I am just very bummed about the fact that I do not have a spot after waiting so LONG. It sucks.

  • Sheesh, this is really turning into a bummer post isn't it? Don't get me wrong, there is so much joy and excitement in my life right now. I just seem to be hitting a few bumps in the road, but what can you do? It's just life.

  • My China comfy shoes are really awesome. I'm wearing them today and they feel like heaven on my feet.

  • I have been cruising in my Dad's car this week. Why?? Because he offered to take my jeep and have a little maintenance done on it! He washed it, shampooed the carpets, scheduled a tune-up, changed the oil, and fixed a broken speaker. Thank you dad!

  • My suitcase weighs 11 pounds empty. Thankfully, my mom and brother are packing very light and are willing to give me much needed space in their suitcases. It is very apparent that I am taking everything but the kitchen sink with me...just kidding...but seriously, holy cow! I have no idea how people do this carry on only.

  • My hair is trimmed and my eyebrows are waxed to perfection. On the flip side, my legs are looking awfully pale...note to self: Add self-tanner to list.

  • My mom has a cold/virus...yucky. She went to the Dr. today and he assures her that she will be over it by the time we leave. Get well mom!

Ok, that's it for now. I guess I did have something to report after all!

Only 7 more days to go....

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

This is sooooo exciting! In 7 days YOU will be leaving only to return as a MOM!!!

Thank you for fighting for equal rights for adopting parents. My place of employment discriminates the same way.... I just might fight this when I am home with Tate....

Travel blog??? I hope you will add me if password??? lisa_winger at yahoo dot com.

Your feelings of nervousness, irratablity, snappiness is soooo understandable.....

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Sara...
HUG!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Not long to go now... how exciting... I think my nerves would have kicked in too... long before you though... hehe

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home