Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another email this morning!!

She is FINE!! They are all fine!! Here is N's email to me this morning. :-)

Hi Sara!

Just wanted to let you know that everybody at HopeHaven is fine.
We felt the earthquake here quite strongly on Monday, but fortunately there were not big damages. We've heard that 21 people even died in this county, but mainly in the rural areas when walls were collapsing.
All the kids spent most of Monday outside and stayed in tents on Monday night, but now have gone back to normal routines.

Thanks for your concern!


I am so relieved, although my heart still hurts for those suffering in other areas. Keep all the people affected by the earthquake in your thoughts and prayers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We will now return to our regular programming as in...

Where in the heck* is my darn LOA??????????????

**Anyone notice I've cleaned up my potty mouth since becoming a Mom?? lol!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So glad everyone is okay

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!! We must set a good example! Save one of those words if you ever need to REALLY make a point! (like your mom did...)
You are the best--

1:06 PM  
Blogger Doreen said...

My mouth got worse since I became a Mom!!!!!!
Doreen in Montreal proud mom to
Faith (a) at 10 months June 02 NSN FengCheng Jianxi
Mia (a) at 23 months SN July 06 Chengdu Sichuan

4:18 PM  
Blogger Liene said...

Yeah Sara!!!! I got an email from someone saying what areas were affected an none of the orphanages had received a major amount of damage and there were no deaths. But you're right, a lot of them were having the kids sleep outside in tents until after the aftershocks had stopped and until it was safe to go back in.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

That is such great news...

I know what you mean about potty mouth. I was never one to use much profanity - EXCEPT when driving! Now the most rude thing I call bad drivers is "idiot" but pre-Emma, it was much worse!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Miya is fine and that she is well taken care of! What a huge relief that must be for you. I hope your LOA comes very soon.

Jannine

9:51 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

SO glad you got good news.

Don't worry. I'll keep the potty mouth alive and well for a while longer ;0)

4:35 PM  
Blogger A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I have just been catching up on your blog postings and what a wonderful string of events you have had happen since I have been gone!

CONGRATULATIONS MOM, on the referral of you beautiful daughter. Miya is absolutely adorable! I am so glad that you received reassuring news from her orphanage that she is ok since the earthquake.

Hoping you receive LOA soon!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home