Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Holiday Hoopla!

Kelly tagged me!

Here are the rules:1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done.None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it

Got the rules?

Here's my list:

1. My tree is dead. Already. I just got it last weekend. Not sure what happened there, it doesn’t seem to be sucking up any water. Today I noticed all the branches have turned downward. I hope it doesn’t turn brown before the big day.

2. Santa scared the crap out of me when I was a little girl. So did the tooth fairy. So did E.T. I mean HELLO, big fat jolly men coming into your house through the chimney, fairies floating around in your bedroom, ALIENS hiding in a closet with stuffed animals... To this day I don’t understand how it just doesn’t scare the crap out of all children. I still refuse to watch E.T. or any other scary movie for that matter.

3. My mom still says to me every year….”Sara, remember the time you did Silent Night in sign language on Christmas Eve? Can you still remember it?” Ummm, no.

4. My favorite memories of Christmas include playing Christmas duets on the piano with my mom (specifically March of the Toy Soldiers), watching Emmett Otter’s Jugband Christmas, counting down the days until Christmas on this stocking type thing…how’s that for a description…it had candy on it, we would get to have one every night.

5. Silent night at church with the candles. Oh, if you only knew how this goes down! Sandy B, Barb M., and my Mom all know about this.

6. Two years ago, I spent Christmas with my Dad in New Zealand. I think it was the first Christmas we had ever spent together and it was also the first time I saw him in his “work element”.

7. I love the movie Santa Claus, the original from 1984 with Dudley Moore. Rent it.

8. Munchkin is getting presents this year. Specifically, a 100 count Mr. Potato head set and a Little People camping set.

9. I can’t wait for Christmas this year. Two cutie nephews and their parents are coming over to my house early on Christmas morning.

10. This year, I will be holding my first annual Christmas Day Wii Bowling Tournament.

11. One of the Christmas presents I ordered didn’t show up. UPS says it was delivered. I’m pissed.

12. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

I now tag the following my brother who never updates, my not so secret pal, who probably thinks I've fallen off the face of the earth...and Liene, cause we share the same DTC date!

3 Comments:

Blogger cougchick said...

UPS delivered a Christmas package to my brother's back porch deck in his apartment one time. He found it in February since he never EVER went out there. It had cookies. Ewwwwww.

9:01 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Like your Hoopla. Hope your tree fights for life through the 25th...

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dad was included in your first two Christmas's. Don't you remember? haha
Wish you were here to play some duets on the piano... I miss that too!
Get well soon little girl-----

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home