Thursday, December 13, 2007

One year ago...

One year ago someone at the Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs entered my paperwork into their computer system and created the record that will someday be matched with my baby.

I thought today would be difficult, but it hasn’t been. A few people close to me remembered how important this date is and made it very special.

When I arrived at work this morning, I walked into my office and saw this…





















Then I turned on my computer and saw this…




and then this email….
I know its a bittersweet anniversary, but keep your chin up. I just looked back at your Christmas pictures from last year in Boston. Take a look, that'll bring you a smile!

I have to work late tonight, but am picking up Chinese food for dinner and will celebrate one year down with B.

I am one year closer to meeting my daughter, but I am at least a year away from meeting her.
Oh how I look forward to the day when I do.

6 Comments:

Blogger cougchick said...

Congrats on 1 year behind you.

6:17 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Happy 1 Year LID!!!
Glad you had a good day :o)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Liene said...

Happy 1 Year LID!! I still can't believe both of us have 1 yr down today. I have been thinking about it all day long. Glad the year has gone by but also a little sad that we still have to wait.

We'll get there eventually!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a special day on 12-13
You were in our hearts and on our minds...and we continue to pray...

8:49 AM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Happy LIDaversary bloggy pal!!! I've totally sucked in the blog comment department these past few months (on ALL blogs) so my most sincere apologies! Hell, I don't even remember my own LIDaversaries, so I can't believe I remembered yours, even if I AM 2 days late...lol.

HUGS!!!

PS: Not-so-secret gifts coming soon :)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Happy one-year LID! Here's hoping the next one flies by!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home