Tuesday, July 03, 2007

So much for catching up....**updated**

It didn’t happen over the weekend and now its Tuesday already. Sheesh, where does the time go? I did manage to catch up and read up on a few of you….but not like I wanted to. Plus, I haven’t posted about anything in ages. Life is busy right now and my blog is being neglected. I’ll get back into the swing of things eventually.

Random bullets of my world right now...

  • My mom and I are taking 10 lessons in beginning Chinese and we have our own personal tutor! So fun, but so hard. I will surely devote an entire post to this subject.
  • I’m heading to the Midwest Thursday, meeting up with the family and celebrating my Grandma’s 80 birthday!
  • Remember my I’m not taking any graduate classes this summer I want to relax attitude? Yeah, right…apparently relax is not in my vocabulary. I ended up taking a class and need to finish it up in the next two weeks.
  • Remember my major purchases? Well, major purchase # 2 is in the works and I’m hitting it hard (meaning house hunting!!!) when I get home from grandma’s b-day. Whoooeeee!
  • I’m also taking a couple of non-credit short Internet courses in HTML and Dreamweaver later this summer. Should be interesting and since they aren’t credit classes, I can just print the lessons off and take my time learning the material.
  • There is something seriously wrong with my foot. My family has bad feet and apparently I do as well. It’s to the point where the pain is so bad some days I can’t walk (but I do anyway and just suffer through the pain). I go see the podiatrist later this morning. Sigh.
  • I’m back on the weight-loss wagon and am so proud to report that I lost 4.2 pounds my first week back at weight watchers (again)!! Yay!
  • I wish I would have been able to meet up with Kristen and Heather this past weekend. Sounds like you had a great time. I wish we lived closer to each other!
  • I am totally NOT in the monthly adoption funk this month. I am thrilled for the families who are about to see their babies faces for the first time and am equally cool with the rumors being reported. I think it might have something to do with the CCAA visits a last week. Reading RQs post, seeing that the CCAA has finally acknowledged, maybe addressed is the better word, the MAJOR slow down…well, it just gives me peace to know that things will continue to plug along slowly but surely and I know at some point it will be my turn.
  • I purchased a cute little unfinished wood rocking chair last night at Michael’s. It was on sale for $20.00 and is going to look great painted in my nursery colors.
  • Nephew Thomas has his first tooth and is so fun to be around. He gives me so many smiles and giggles. I loves him! He is also in love with his Johnny Jumper.

    Have a wonderful 4th of July and be safe! I don’t want to be reading about any fireworks mishaps! Safety Sara has spoken.

**Back from the foot doc, xrays look good, joints look good but a bit of inflammation in the area that is causing me the trouble. He gave me a cortisone shot and wants to see me in three weeks. With my family history of foot feet? issues, I may need to be fitted for orthopedics. great.

9 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

Girl, I'm exhausted just reading you list, let alone actually DOING everything on it! Take small bites sister, and it'll all get done :)

I wish you could have been there with us too - we would have had a blast!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

House Hunting! That is so exciting! You sure are busy. I hope you get everything accomplished for you class. I always hate summer classes. They really seem to pile on the work.

I hope the foot is better.

Have a great 4th!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Wow...you are one busy gal! Have a great trip and holiday...

11:51 AM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

WOW - a shot in the foot. I think I'd rather have root canal without novocaine...lol.

I wear orthotics in my shoes all the time - I can't tell you how much they've helped. Is the pain mostly when you get out of bed in the morning? That's what I had, and it was heel spurs. I found some nifty little inserts for my shoes and I was a new woman within a week. I know you're under a doctors care, but so was I...little good he did me! lol! Let me know and I'll point you to the link where I ordered them from!

1:11 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

I wish you lived closer too.. I know of some houses for sale...

I wish you much greater luck than I on that endevor.. Have fun hunting!!

Have a wonderful 4th.. stay safe!

1:16 PM  
Blogger dustin002 said...

Um If I wanna hear about gross feet I'd go find some hippies

2:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss..you are so busy!

6:38 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Have a great 4th!

Wow, you have a lot going on...it makes the time fly by!

Enjoy it all and always remember you can find some sexy orthopedic shoes :0)

7:35 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

I hope your foot feels better soon!

Keep smilin!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home