Tuesday, June 19, 2007

33!

Holy moly! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I had no idea... :-)

We had a bit of a rain/windstorm Saturday and as a result, I think it knocked my home Internet out as I kept getting a big page error on Sunday. It still wasn’t up yesterday, so I didn’t log on at all! My brother called me to wish me Happy Birthday and as we were chatting, I said “I haven’t been online for TWO days!”, he said “well, sometimes you just need to take a break..it’s a good thing”.

I should have known Heather was up to something! I logged on to blogger first thing this morning at work and there were 14 comments to publish. Whoa! Heather left me a birthday greeting on her blog, sent a card in the mail, and sent everyone over to my blog to wish me a Happy Birthday! Thank you Heather and thanks again everyone for the fun birthday wishes!

So, what was I doing on my birthday instead of messing around on the Internet and/or working?

Well, on Sunday, the family all headed up to my mom’s house for a Birthday/Father’s Day bash. Yummy food, great presents, and the best ever…my little nephew Jackson, who had been practicing with Grandma and Grandma, singing Happy Birthday to me! It was the cutest thing ever! I wish wish wish I would have had my camera to catch a little video of it. Too cute!

Yesterday, I took the day off work. What can I say, I don’t like working on my birthday. So, I slept in until 7:30a.m. Sweet lord am I getting older or what? 7:30a.m.! I remember the day when sleeping in was until 12:00p.m….ahhhhh, oh well. I would imagine when little whipper snapper arrives, there will be no such thing as sleeping in. So, I’ll get what I can now. I made myself a cup of coffee, climbed back into bed, and lounged while watching Matt Lauer.

Then, my sister Lexi, nephew Thomas, and I trekked over to Spokane for a day of shopping and lunch. After, my good friend Shelby stopped by and dropped off a present. Guess what it was? A little something she had picked up at the ladybug tea auction, a cute red blanket and the adoption book, The Red Blanket. Awwwww!

Someone special made dinner and I opened more presents. He gave me a 10’ dutch oven, a carry case, two dutch oven cookbooks AND a candle! Now, I can make a main dish and dessert at the same time. Fantastic!

I wrapped up the evening with a scoop of my favorite ice cream and watched my summer addiction, Big Love on HBO.

Fantastic! So many fun phone calls and birthday wishes from friends, family AND cyber pals, a great weekend, a day off, and presents! I couldn’t have asked for a better day.

:-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

WAIT - you're only 33 years old?????

I take it all back - phooey on you!

;)

Sound to me like it was a fabulous day - and holy crap, I need one of those dutch ovens too!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Sounds like a great day!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have been busy, glad you had fun!!

11:57 AM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

Sounds like a fun Birthday.. Glad you enjoyed it Sara!!!

1:39 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

Ooh. What fun. Glad it was a good one. We need to hook up one of these days...

7:11 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Glad it was a good one, spring chicken! :0)

2:32 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Sonds like it was an awesome day- I'm secretly mad I'm not 33 anymore though. Dang it. My big FOUR OH is fast approaching.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home