Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Weekend re-cap

Late last week, I attended a 3 day conference for work. I didn’t have computer access during the day and worked late a couple of days…so no blogging for me!

My weekend was rather uneventful.

Friday after work, I hung out with my sister and baby Thomas while my guy and her husband went “out” for awhile. Lexi and I proceeded to partay at her house w/ baby T.

I. am. so. kidding.

Let’s see, we visited, bounced the baby around, fed the baby, held the baby, and just gave the baby all sorts of love. Then, the baby projectile vomited to the point where Lexi had to change what she was wearing, what the baby was wearing, AND the boppy cover. Meanwhile, Aunt Sara stayed downstairs and scrubbed baby barf off the couch. At around 9:10p.m., I headed home for the evening and Lexi went to bed. Kids sure do change things don’t they? Thomas is still doing great as is his mother.

Saturday, I woke up with a bit of a headache and didn’t think much of it. I knew it wasn’t from the previous evenings festivities, how do I know? I’m pretty sure diet coke doesn’t give one a hangover. Add some rum, and it’s a different story right? I digress. Anyway, I went back to bed hoping my headache would go away. 3 ½ hours later, I woke up with what I think might have been my first migraine. My head hurt so bad that I thought I was going to be sick. I took more Advil and went back to bed. Finally, 6 or so Advil later, my headache was better and all of my grand plans for yard work were out the window. So, I headed over to my friend Jess’s house for dinner. After dinner I went home and cleaned up the garage and kitchen.

On Sunday, I went to Costco and Target and spent a bit of time (not enough) with my friend Shelby. I then went back out to Lexi’s for lunch and a quick visit w/ my mom and Mike. Speaking of which, my Mom and Mike just arrived back in NI after "wintering" down south. It's nice to have them home!

In other news….

This week is Spring Break, so I am not teaching this week. It's nice to have the break!

Rumor has it the stork is flying (or was and is now delayed..), which means referrals are on their way. I wonder how far the CCAA will match this month?? I love it, the calm before the storm. This is my favorite time of the month. It’s the time of the month where I am really optimistic that this wait will continue to move along at the same pace or better yet, speed up. We shall see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

As long as they have one giant group at the end of our wait so we can travel together, then I don't care how many days they do ;)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. Sorry to hear about the migraine. Those are the WORST! I'm so glad you are feeling better.

What a good aunt you are for cleaning up the sofa. That wouldn't be a fun job.

Enjoy your spring break. I can't believe it is already Tuesday. Why doesn't time go this fast when we are at school?

12:28 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

Projectile vomiting AND a migraine. That is no fun.....

Enjoy your Spring Break in these suddenly frigid temps. What is the deal with this cold??????

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home