Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Jumping on the meme train...

This seems to be circulating around quite a few blogs I read, so I thought I would join in on the fun. Let it be known, this is my first participation in a meme. I was too nervous before, mainly because I didn’t know what meme meant…lol! For those of you wondering what a meme is, I found this explanation on Wikipedia:

Meme - (loosely) An interactive quiz or survey spread from one user to another on the internet.

So, here we go…

1. Can you cook?
Sure can, not sure I’m any good…but I haven’t had too many complaints yet. I love cooking. Although it's just me at home, so I don’t cook big meals often. I like to cook when people are around, for family, for B, for friends on a Friday night. Cookbooks on the counter right now are Pampered Chef – It’s good for you and Weight Watchers 5 ingredients, 15 min. (Yep, that’s right, back on the wagon…sigh).

2. What was your dream growing up?
When I was a little, I always wanted to be a gymnast. Clearly that one didn’t happen, I’m 5’10! I also remember being 18, graduating from high school and talking to my friends about the fact that when I was 25 SURELY I would be married and have a baby. At the time, 25 seemed so old! Clearly, that one didn’t happen either. Hrrrmmpphhh. I also dreamed of being a nurse and working in labor and delivery.

3. What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I was an athlete. I’m not at all. I also wish I could play the piano as well as my Mom does.

4. Favorite place?
Playa del Carmen, Mexico – on the beach, with a good book in one hand and a cocktail in the other. Around home, I would have to say somewhere up the river in the forests of NI.

5. Favorite vegetable?
Pretty much any veggie that is not broccoli, cauliflower, cooked carrots, peas, or anything from the squash family. ewwwww!

6. The last book you read?
Intro to Computers – Instructor edition. B.O.R.I.N.G. The last fun book I read was The Good Earth, while on vacation in Mexico.

7. What zodiac sign are you?
Gemini baby!

8. Any tattoos or piercings?
Yes. One tattoo on my lower back. I did the deed to celebrate turning 21 w/ my friend Jill. It’s a small daisy flower and it now has a lovely stretch mark racing across it. My ears are pierced once and I hardly ever wear earrings, just my little diamond studs every once in awhile.

9. Worst habit?
There are a few….

10. Do we know each other outside of this blog?
No

11. Favorite sport?
Yeah, not so much.

12. Negative or optimistic attitude?
I try to be optimistic, but I know there are times when I am negative and must check myself...lately this seems to be right after referrals are announced.

13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Freak out. Just kidding. I would hit the little emergency button and grab the emergency phone and tell someone that I needed to be rescued straight away!

14. Worst thing that ever happened to you?
The day BB broke up with me. After 4 1/2 years of dating, living together, etc. I thought he was the one. Turns out, he wasn't.

It. broke. my. heart.

15. Tell me a weird fact about you?
I sleep with a pillow over my head. Not my face, but my head. I have to, my ear MUST BE COVERED. I am also an expert whistler, my brother is too…when we’re together we whistle to the radio and harmonize. It’s downright fabulous!

16. Do you have any pets?
Two - Timber, my chocolate lab & Satchi, my Salt Lake City pound kitty named after the Wasatch mountain range.

17. Do you know how to do the Macarena?
Do I know how to do the Marcarena? Let me set the scene: 1994-95 ish, 19 or 20 years old, 11 girls, Spring Break, Mazatlan Mexico. Need I write anymore?

18. What time is it where you are now?
5:15 p.m., I’m waiting (otherwise known as “office hours”) for my Intro to Computer students to arrive, I’ll be lecturing on Chapter 7 – Storage at 6:00p.m.. Fun times.

19. What kind of bubble gum do you chew?
Whatever looks good at the checkout aisle (sugar-free). I’ll chew just about anything EXCEPT peppermint flavor. gross.

20. Which is your favorite bar to hang at?
Don’t really have one. I live in a small town, and am in my early 30s. I don’t really “hang” at the bar anymore.

21. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Well, I used to think they were cute until I saw the video of Anna Nicole Smith…you know, the one with the scary clown make-up and she is OUT OF IT. Now, I can’t look at clowns without that particular image clouding all clown goodness. Yikes.

22. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
Subtract 40 pounds and there ya have it!

23. What color eyes do you have?
Sh*t brown, I mean lovely milk chocolate brown...

24. Ever been arrested?
No and I don’t plan on it either.

25. Bottle or Draft?
Neither, I am a wine girl and the occasional Vodka/soda w/ extra lime. ;-)

26. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it?
Put it in savings.

27. Do you believe in ghosts?
I don’t really know. It’s not that I don’t believe in them, I just don’t really have a reason to believe in them either.

28. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Hang out with my boyfriend, read adoption books and blogs!

29. Do you swear a lot?
F*ck no! (sorry mom, I know you just winced)

30. Favorite swear word?
I don’t have a favorite, I use them all equally. (again, sorry ma!)

31. Biggest pet peeve?
When people use the word I ain’t, I seen, and got me as in “I got me something” in a serious manner, not knowing it's incorrect. It's just not right.

32. In one word, how would you describe yourself ?
Childless

3 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Excellent meme!

Thanks for the definition. That is interesting.

I'm a Gemini too!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, sara...

9:49 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Uh oh, busted by your mom!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home